Immich APK is an alternative app to Google Photos that is not only an open-source app but also known as a high-performance self-hosted backup solution for the photos, videos, and media of your Android devices. This app is mainly designed for the self-hostable server.
One of the key benefits of using this app is that it allows users to maintain full control over their data. Instead of relying on third-party services to store their media files, the latest Immich application users can host their files on their own server or cloud storage account.
Features of Immich App
- When this app is open on your Android device, it will automatically backup all your photos, and videos
- It supports various types of raw files that include HEIC, HEIF, DNG, Apple ProRaw, etc
- It offers a user-defined storage structure feature that allows users to set the storage structure as per their preferences
- Users can search the contents by metadata, objects, and image tags and also view metadata such as EXIF, map
- Immich latest version has a virtual scroll system by which users can view the necessary contents they want instead of viewing a large set of contents
- You can download photos and videos from the app to your local device
- It has multi-user support that will allow you to share access and control of your content with your friends or family
- It offers not only an album option but also a shared album option too
- It offers OAuth support that maintains the proper safety and security of the user’s data without revealing the user’s password
- There is also a scrubbable or draggable scrollbar in this app
How To Use Immich App
- To use this app, download Immich APK from this site which is completely free. Click on the download button given here and it will start downloading.
- After downloading it, click on the install button that is appeared on the screen to install it on your device.
- Now, you are ready to open it. Tap on the open button.
- As you open it, you have to enter the server endpoint URL before logging in and click next to go to the login page.
- To log in to the app, you have to enter your email address and password and click on the login button. It will take you to the home page of the app.
- After logging in to the app, you will find 4 options that are photos, search, sharing, and library.
- On the photos option, you will find all your photos that are uploaded in this app, and the photos are sorted as per month, day, or time.
- Swipe right to the left to enter the library option and you will find all your albums there.
- By swiping on the search option, you can search for photos or videos by places or things.
- On the sharing option, you can create a shared album and share it with your family or friends.
- There is a backup option on the top right corner of the home page of the app where you can see the backup information and start backing up your photos and videos.
Overall, Immich APK is an excellent option for users who want to take control of their media backup and storage needs. Providing a secure and flexible platform for hosting media files, it ensures that users can keep their memories safe and accessible for years to come.